‘Business Intelligence’ (BI) is business insight – this enables businesses to gather and analyse its data to provide historical, current, and predictive views of your business operations using specific practises and tools. BI is able to allow for specific functional areas, such as finance, supply chain, human resources, sales and marketing, and customer service, to consistently cooperate with each other to help the business answer key questions, gain insight, and enable intelligence-led decision-making. A ‘Data Warehouse’ (DW) collected from the organisation’s varied source systems and specifically structured for query and analysis frequently forms the basis of a BI platform.
The Transparency of Information
Most businesses today can identify the significance of improved information management. This highlights the key question – How to get it done? One factor is transparency. Regrettably, many businesses do not have the solutions in place to manage information efficiently. Their enterprise systems do a decent job of handling day-to-day operations. But when it comes to analysis and insight, spreadsheets and manual processing are still business as usual. In fact, medium to large businesses can spend hundreds of millions of euros annually on manual number-crunching and ad-hoc analysis. What also make matters worse, the resulting numbers have a tendency to be unpredictable and vague, which frequently leaves decision-makers scratching their heads about which data is correct.
Visibility to the one form of the truth can be clouded. BI and DW can deliver the systems, tools, processes and governance to help businesses manage information more efficiently – transforming data from dissimilar sources into high-quality information that is reliable, actionable and beneficial.
How we can help?
Our ‘BI’ and ‘DW’ experts help our customers:
- Evading the classic pitfalls of BI/DW initiatives – The absence of information governance, the absence of strong and clear business rules and metrics, and the absence of executive sponsorship.
- Appreciating the key benefits of a BI/DWH initiative – Timely, precise and reliable information, improved and informed decision-making, along with reduced risk and cost of managing information.
Our key services offerings include:
- BI/DW Plan – Define our customers BI/DW plan, including architecture blueprints, tool selections, organisation and data governance, along with business case and roadmap.
- BI/DW Development Valuations – getsix® with evaluate our clients’ current BI/DW development and define their goals for the future.
- Strategic Performance Indicator Design – We help our customers identify the metrics and measurements that can drive business value.
- BI/DW Implementations – We can help our customers improve and implement an information planning that supports ‘Data Warehousing’, reporting and analysis.
- Innovative Analytics – We can help our clients by going one step further, with the evaluation of their data. For example – data mining and predictive modelling, along with pricing analysis and spend analysis.
- Compliancy Reporting – We can support compliancy reporting in many types of formats.