Corporate & Commercial law in Poland
getsix® offers expertise in all areas of corporate & commercial law, advising listed companies, privately owned businesses and local subsidiaries of international corporations in a wide range of industries.
Our partners work closely with our clients to provide timely advice, implement transactions and commercial arrangements, quickly and efficiently, helping to ensure positive commercial outcomes.
How can getsix® help?
Our clients come to us for assistance on all aspects of business growth and development. We help to establish businesses, advice on joint ventures, assist with strategic acquisitions and disposals, and help when it comes time to sell. We assist our clients in documenting and negotiating all their commercial contractual arrangements, from preparing standard terms and conditions of trade, to negotiating complex contracts and advising on how to close their businesses in Poland.
getsix® ‘Corporate & Commercial’ team regularly advises clients on:
- Memoranda of understanding and heads of agreement for joint ventures, partnerships, investments, finance and other commercial arrangements;
- Brand protection, marketing activities and consumer law;
- Corporate governance, including drafting governance documents and advising on appropriate management structures;
- Tax structuring and stamp duty implications;
- Executive and employee incentive plans, including share plans and performance rights;
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements (including standard terms and conditions, supply and services agreements, operation and maintenance agreements);
- Establishing new businesses, whether as companies, trusts or joint ventures, including optimum structures and preparing constitutions, trust deeds and partnership, joint venture and shareholders’ agreements;
- Competition issues, including transaction structuring, merger clearance and responding to the Polish law;
- Strategies to manage contractual relationships and disputes in order to minimise legal, commercial and reputation risks;
- Termination of relationships, business closure and insolvency issues.
Corporate law in Poland
getsix® believe that averting legal conflicts is better than having to settle them in a legal procedure. This is why we actively deliberate along with our clients in planning and executing legal situations from their daily practice. This may concern the establishment, transfer or liquidation of a company. We try to anticipate legal pitfalls. In this way, getsix® take good care of legal matters, we are able to react quickly to legal issues and we can avert legal procedures.
getsix® support and give advice to companies with regard to:
- Choosing the legal form of a company;
- Registration of companies, partnerships, subsidiaries, branches, representative offices of local and foreign entities;
- Questions on the subject of legal entities or different kinds of partnerships;
- Drawing up the necessary organisational documents for a company or a partnership;
- Preparing the necessary documents for the changes in the organisational structure of companies, change of the registered address and shareholders;
- Liquidation of a company, bankruptcy law and insolvency;
- Legal aspects of corporate finance;
- We aim to provide businesses with legal services that are easily accessible, rapid and usable in the daily practice.
Buying or selling shares in a company or the goodwill of a business can be a daunting prospect.
Transactions like this can take a lot of time and the complexity of what is involved should not be underestimated. getsix® can help to make the whole process easier in a variety of ways, whether as lead advisers or in a supporting role as part of a project team.
Transactions getsix® routinely help clients with include:
- Share sales and acquisitions;
- Business sales and acquisitions;
- Management-Buy-out and Management-Buy-in (MBOs and MBIs);
- Due diligence;
- Transactional support;
Commercial law in Poland
getsix® lawyers have extensive experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial agreements. Having access to a worldwide network of affiliated law firms, we may deal with contracts which are subject to other laws.
Our commercial law practice deals with a wide variety of legal services, including:
- International trade (sale of goods, agency, distribution and franchise);
- Drafting commercial agreements;
- Representing clients in business transactions and negotiations;
- Consumer protection;
- Product liability issues;
- Transport law;
- Registration issues connected with trademarks and company names;
- Drafting empowering documents – representations, commercial powers of attorneys;
- Licenses, permits, registration with tax and other relevant governmental organisations.
getsix® work closely with clients to manage and reduce their risk from commercial legal matters that may affect their businesses and to ensure that they are protected, giving them peace of mind to grow their business.
We frequently help clients with a wide range of commercial legal advice such as:
- Advising start-ups on business structures and requirements (self-employment, limited liability companies and partnerships);
- Drafting Shareholders’ agreements;
- Providing advice for joint ventures;
- Confidentiality agreements;
- Reviewing and advising on contract terms;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- Preparing terms and conditions of business;
- Providing general business law advice.