Cisco® ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances deliver a robust suite of highly integrated, market-leading security services for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), enterprises, service providers, and mission-critical data centers – in addition to providing unprecedented services flexibility, modular scalability, feature extensibility, and lower deployment and operations costs.
A key component of the Cisco Secure Borderless Network, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances deliver superior scalability, a broad span of technology and solutions, and effective, always-on security designed to meet the needs of a wide array of deployments. By integrating the world’s most proven firewall; a comprehensive, highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS) with Cisco Global Correlation and guaranteed coverage; high-performance VPN and always-on remote access, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series helps organizations provide secure, high performance connectivity and protects critical assets for maximum productivity.
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series helps businesses increase effectiveness and efficiency in protecting their networks and applications while delivering exceptional investment protection through the following elements:
- Market-proven security capabilities – The Cisco ASA 5500 Series integrates multiple full-featured, high-performance security services, including application-aware firewall, SSL and IPsec VPN, IPS with Global Correlation and guaranteed coverage, antivirus, antispam, antiphishing, and web filtering services. Combined with real-time reputation technology, these technologies deliver highly effective network- and application-layer security, user-based access control, worm mitigation, malware protection, improved employee productivity, instant messaging and peer-to-peer control, and secure remote user and site connectivity. The only IPS with market leading reputation technology, Cisco IPS with Global Correlation provides twice the efficacy of legacy IPS and includes guaranteed coverage for enhanced peace of mind. Offering seamless client and clientless access for a broad spectrum of desktop and mobile platforms, the Cisco ASA 5585-X delivers always-on secure mobility with integrated web security and IPS for policy enforcement and threat protection;
- Extensible integrated services architecture – The Cisco ASA 5500 Series offers businesses strong, adaptive protection from the fast-evolving threat environment through its unique combination of hardware and software extensibility and its powerful Modular Policy Framework (MPF). The innovative extensible multiprocessor design and software architecture of the Cisco ASA 5500 Series enables businesses to easily install additional high-performance security services through security services processors (SSPs), security services modules (SSMs) and security services cards (SSCs). This provides businesses with outstanding investment protection, while enabling them to expand the security services profile of their Cisco ASA 5500 Series as their security and performance needs grow. All these services are easily managed through the powerful Cisco Modular Policy Framework, which allows businesses to create highly customized security policies while making it simple to add new security and networking services into their existing policies;
- Reduced deployment and operations costs – The Cisco ASA 5500 Series enables standardization on a single platform to reduce the overall operational cost of security. A common environment for configuration simplifies management and reduces training costs for staff, while the common hardware platform of the series reduces sparing costs. Additional efficiencies are realized by deploying integrated capabilities, obviating the need for the complex designs required to connect standalone solutions;
- Comprehensive management interfaces – The graphical Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM), a comprehensive command line interface (CLI), verbose syslog, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) support round out a rich complement of management options. Multi-unit deployments benefit greatly from Cisco Security Manager, a platform capable of managing distributed deployments of hundreds of devices.
Cisco ASA 5520 Adaptive Security Appliance
The Cisco ASA 5520 Adaptive Security Appliance delivers security services with Active/Active high availability and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for medium-sized enterprise networks in a modular, high-performance appliance. With four Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and support for up to 100 VLANs, businesses can easily deploy the Cisco ASA 5520 into multiple zones within their network. The Cisco ASA 5520 Adaptive Security Appliance scales with businesses as their network security requirements grow, delivering solid investment protection.
Businesses can extend their SSL and IPsec VPN capacity to support a larger number of mobile workers, remote sites, and business partners. Up to 750 AnyConnect and/or clientless VPN peers can be supported on each Cisco ASA 5520 by installing an Essential or a Premium AnyConnect VPN license; 750 IPsec VPN peers are supported on the base platform. VPN capacity and resiliency can be increased by taking advantage of the Cisco ASA 5520’s integrated VPN clustering and load-balancing capabilities. The Cisco ASA 5520 supports up to 10 appliances in a cluster, offering a maximum of 7500 AnyConnect and/or clientless VPN peers or 7500 IPsec VPN peers per cluster.
For business continuity and event planning, the Cisco ASA 5520 can also benefit from the Cisco VPN FLEX licenses, which enable administrators to react to or plan for short-term bursts of concurrent Premium VPN remote-access users, for up to a 2-month period.
The advanced application-layer security and content security defenses provided by the Cisco ASA 5520 can be extended by deploying the high-performance intrusion prevention and worm mitigation capabilities of the AIP SSM, or the comprehensive malware protection of the CSC SSM. Using the optional security context capabilities of the Cisco ASA 5520 Adaptive Security Appliance, businesses can deploy up to 20 virtual firewalls within an appliance to enable compartmentalized control of security policies on a departmental level. This virtualization strengthens security and reduces overall management and support costs while consolidating multiple security devices into a single appliance.
- ASA 5520 Appliance with SW;
- 4 GE + 1 FE;
- 3 DES/AES;
- 2 GB Memory;
- Coding: VPN, 3 DES, DES.