Housing your mission-critical data and business applications in a secure, state-of-the art environment has never been more important.
Co-hosting our Back-End IT Infrastructure at a the Thinx data center was an important step to ensure the safety of our data. When we colocate our data center environment, we are still able to have tangible access to our servers and all the other IT Equipment like Storage, etc., while simultaneously backing up our data in an additional geographic location. It is also an excellent preventative measure to make sure that our IT Equipment is protected from natural disasters and other accidents that can result in data loss.
Our Co-Location Provider Thinx Poland is the first and largest carrier-neutral data center in Poland (formerly: Telehouse.Poland), located in the very business center of Warsaw, as well as Internet exchange point with a network of access nodes in 11 cities in Poland and 3 cities abroad.
The Thinx Poland data center encompasses over 3,700 sq m (aprox. 40,000 sq ft) of state-of-the-art colocation space, designed in accordance with international Tier III guidelines concerning data center standards, with guaranteed 16 MW of power supply, located in the strict business center of Warsaw.
Thinx Poland belongs to ATM S.A. a Polish ICT company with 20 years of history which has been providing telecommunications services for business since 1993. The Company is the largest data center operator in Poland and a significant one in Central and Eastern Europe. With its Thinx Poland and ATMAN brands, it provides telecommunications services for companies and institutions, based on its own fibre-optic networks and three data centers in Poland.
Our leased physical space where we have installed our Back-End IT Infrastructure is supported by:
- Precision-controlled air-conditioning systems with incorporated redundancy;
- 24×7 power back-up systems for all equipment to ensure zero downtime or minimal disruption in operations due to power failure;
- High-capacity, reliable power generators;
- State-of-the-art fire detection and suppression systems to guard against potential losses due to fire;
- Sophisticated onsite security through surveillance cameras and advanced biometric systems to prevent unauthorized entry;
- Networking equipment including state-of-the-art, fully redundant high-end switches and routers, BGP4 routing for optimal path selection and full redundancy, etc.
Thinx Poland allows us to connect to many telecommunications operators (international, domestic, or local). Telco.Ring, a DWDM fiber optic ring connecting the datacenter with key telecommunications nodes in Warsaw, is the key to guaranteeing the neutrality of this service. Thinx Poland is the only carrier-neutral collocation provider in Warsaw.
Nation-wide Network in Poland:
The nation-wide network includes telecommunications nodes in several dozen cities and over 4,500 km of lines with bandwidth ranging from 1 Gbps to nx10 Gbps on major routes. The network is continuously expanded and modernized to meet the growing needs of users, business applications, and websites.
Great communications with the largest European hubs:
Thinxs Poland is the only Polish operator present in Europe’s three largest interconnect nodes: in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and London. The exchange of traffic in these nodes is an alternative and complementary solution to the IP transit performed by Tier-1 operators (networks which constitute the global backbone of the Internet).
Besides traffic exchange through interconnect nodes, we also use the lines of three Tier-1 operators to enable full international transit. This configuration ensures security for each interconnect point (with two 10 Gbps interfaces each) as well as for the entire solution (lines with redundant capacity enabling failure).
Advantages we provide for our Customers using Co-Location Datacenter Facilities:
- Using the Co-Location Facilities with above mentioned functionality is much cheaper than hosting our IT Equipment in our own premises, therefore we are able to offer professional Enterprise Class Cloud Solutions to our Customers with competitive prices;
- Our IT Infrastructure is stored in a secure location;
- We have full control over our own IT Equipment;
- We have a high amount of flexibility, we can easily upgrade and customize our IT Equipment to suite our Customer’s needs;
- There is high amount of bandwidth available. So if our Customers need to use more it will be readily available.